Wednesday, November 28, 2012

#7: Easy Songs: John Denver - Leaving on a Jetplane

Another classic song, also performed by John Denver:

Chords Used

Intro:

C / G (2x)

            G                              C
All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.
        G                      C
I'm standing here out side your door.
    G                      Am                    D7       
I hate to wake you up to  say good bye.
              G                            C
But the dawn is breaking it's early morn.
        G                         C                    
The taxi's waitin he's blowing his horn.
     G                 Am                    D7
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.


      G                  C             
So kiss me and smile for me.
  G                         C
Tell me that you'll wait for me.
  G                         Am             D7   
Hold me like you'll never let me go.
                  G     C                    G   
Cause I'm leavin on a jet plane. 
                            C                          G
Don't know when I'll be back again. 
        Am                D7
Oh, babe  I hate to go.


                 G                   C               
There's is many times I've let you down.
      G                    C  
So many time I've played around.
  G                 C                         D7
I tell you now they don't mean a thing.
            G                C
Every place I go I'll think of you.
          G                  C
Ev'ry song I sing I'll sing for you.
         G                        C                          D7
When I come back I'll bring your wedding ring.


 C                    G
Now the time come to leave you.
 G                    C    
One more time let me kiss you.
          G                    C                 D7        
Then close your eyes I'll be on my way.
G                         C
Dream about the days to come.
         G                      C
When I won't have to leave alone.
     G                C                      D7          
About the times I won't have to say...


      G       C                   G   
I'm leavin on a jet plane. 
                            C                          G
Don't know when I'll be back again. 
        Am                D7
Oh, babe  I hate to go.



Hope U enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment